- We ship internationally with rates based off total order gross weight.
- We use a courier service for our deliveries.
- Courier deliveries are made Monday – Friday (not including Bank Holidays). There is no option currently for Saturday or timed deliveries.
- All Deliveries within Ireland are subject to a charge of €6 per package (includes VAT) – Up to a max weight of 15kg.
- Recipient telephone numbers must be supplied with each order. We ask for recipient telephone numbers so that we can contact people directly in the event of a delivery issue.
- Please note that a signature will be required to confirm receipt of deliveries and that we cannot accept delivery to PO Box addresses. Nobody home? If the recipient is not there to receive a parcel, the carrier will contact the number on the delivery label to make arrangements for an alternative delivery point. If there is no answer to this call, delivery will be attempted again the following day. If several unsuccessful attempted deliveries have been made, the parcel will be returned to our premises. While we may refund the value of the goods, the delivery cost cannot be refunded.
Delayed Deliveries / Insufficient Address Details
We will deliver to the address as you enter it and cannot accept any liability for late or failed delivery if the quoted address, phone number or other contact details provided are incorrect. So please be careful when entering delivery address details on our checkout page. If goods have been returned to our premises and must be sent out again, a second delivery charge will apply.
We are unable to change a delivery address once the order has been dispatched.
Parcels will be dispatched Monday – Thursday. Irish parcels are usually next day deliveries, however with the on-going Covid restrictions this does impact the courier service. So at the minute we expect deliveries in Ireland to take up to 2 to 3 working days. International parcels will take from 3-5 days.
While we endeavor to provide as efficient a service as possible, please also allow up to 2-3 days to organize the dispatch of your order, in case any product is not in stock and we need to bake some more!
The Foods of Athenry reserves the right to alter its shipping rates at any time with increases in fuel surcharges or shipping rates by our shipping service providers
Delivery charges do not include taxes and customs/duties where applicable. Customers are subject to customs charges upon receipt of delivery
The Foods of Athenry does not accept any responsibility for delays in the receipt of orders due to unfavorable weather conditions, customs clearance, customs inspection or any other issue out of our control. Please note that delivery charges on our website do not include customs charges. Recipients outside of the EU may be subject to taxes, duties or customs charges upon delivery.
As we do not use any preservatives, please note that short shelf life products may not be suitable for long distance deliveries – especially to countries with very high temperatures, where the expected shelf life will be reduced.
The Foods of Athenry reserves the right to refuse to supply any individual or company and reserves the right to deny access to the www.foodsofathenry.ie website.
Please retain all delivery dockets / reference numbers etc. that you find with the parcel.
In the event that the parcel must be returned to us, please ensure your name, address and telephone number are clearly written on a note and accompanies the parcel.
In the event of The Foods of Athenry sending you a replacement for a damaged, defective or wrong item, you must return the damaged / faulty item in question including all of the original packaging to The Foods of Athenry, Oldcastle, Athenry, Co. Galway, Rep of Ireland, within 10 working days, and we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item. We will only refund the shipping costs if the defect is our responsibility, i.e., not in circumstances where inappropriate storage conditions have resulted in the defect, e.g. excessive heat, cold or strong odours. Please note that we reserve the right of non-refund in the event that goods were not faulty or were not appropriately treated at destination, e.g. left in sunlight / exposed to excessive heat / cold.
We are unable to exchange items that are not damaged, defective or incorrect. Any exchanges are entirely at the discretion of management and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Management is not obliged to exchange or refund goods that have been mistakenly ordered. However, common sense and discretion will be exercised in reaching any decision.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.