Apple and Pecan loaf
- 250g gluten free self raising flour (I used Doves farm)
- 170g grated flesh of an eating apple (this is roughly 1 large eating apple)
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g pecans
- 100g melted butter or dairy free alternative
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 generous teaspoons cinnamon or too your taste
This is a super easy, lovely gluten free loaf - perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Place the pecans into the blender and blitz until they have ground down to a “breadcrumb” consistency.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the 3 eggs together. Add in the melted butter. Then stir in the grated apple and the pecans.
- Fold the flour into the wet mixture, adding the cinnamon and lastly the maple syrup.
- Pour into a prepared 1Lb loaf tin. I lined mine with greaseproof paper as I find it easier to get it out once cooked, but you can just grease the tin if you prefer. Top with apple slices or whole pecans (optional).
- Place in the oven for around 1 hour. All ovens vary - you want the top to be golden brown and a skewer poked in the middle should come out clean (i.e. with no uncooked batter on it).
- Remove the loaf from the tin and leave to cool. Slice & serve with butter, jam, honey, nut butter, cream cheese, or just on its own!