Persimmon Cacao Pie Vegan
- 1 ½ cups Fuyu persimmon puree – from about 5 persimmons
- ⅓ cup coconut milk full fat
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or other for your own taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2-3 Tablespoons cacao nibs for topping & persimmon rose for topping
1 ½ cups almond flour
2 Tablespoons coconut flour
¼ c. coconut oil
3 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 pinches sea salt
optional: line bottom of pie pan with a circle of parchment paper or grease pan with a little coconut oil.
How to do the crust
Mix pie crust ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Using your hands press the pie crust dough into the pie pan, and work it until it is even all the way around. Par-bake pie crust at 325*F for 10 minutes.
How to do the filling (use another fruit like orange if you want)
Peel persimmons, if there are any seeds remove them. Blend persimmons into a puree using a high speed blender or food processor.
Add in remaining pie filling ingredients and blend.
Pour into par-baked pie crust.
Bake pie at 325*F for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool and top with cacao nibs and persimmon rose. Let pie cook and set before serving.
Optional: top with coconut whipped topping